Yes. It's really safety pins! Since I whipped this one up I have had a ton of compliments. It was easy to make (if a little time consuming) and super cheap to make!
1. Beads (make sure the hole is big enough for your safety pins)
2. A length of chain.
3. Two jump rings.
4. A clasp.
5. Safety pins (I used 50, 2 inch pins)
1) Open up your safety pin and slide the beads down the pin until the pin is full (but you can still close it) Do this for every safety pin. I kept the pins and beads uniform in size and colour, feel free to change it up, but make sure your beads are big enough for your pins! This process takes a while so throw on a movie or summat while you work!
2. A pile of finished pins!
3 & 4) Slide all the pins onto the chain using the loop in the bottom of the pin. For the look I achieved make sure all the pins are facing the same way (beads out)
5. Opening a jump ring. The best way to open a jump ring is not to pull it apart as you may be inclined to do. You want to use two tools to grab each side and separate the ring by twisting one side away from the other (as in one towards you and one away from you)
6. Attach a jump ring to each end of the chain. Close the jump ring on one side in the same way that you opened it.
7. Loop the clasp on to the jump ring on the other end of the chain and close the jump ring the same way you opened it.
8. Voila. Your necklace is complete.
If you need to see the pictures closer click on the to make them larger! If my instructions aren't clear or you need help leave me a comment & I'll get back to you!
By Kelsi Smith